Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Archenemy and the Lonely Parents Club

Some say that dreams tell of things we want; fantasies that will never be realized. My dreams, as I have written, are wild. Some are erotic, others horrific, and some just straightforward, as this next dream is.
It was Wednesday, and I was taking care of my nephew at my sister's house. It was 1.30 and the little bugger was asleep, so I decided to take a nap. In my dream, I was in a large concrete building. It looked academic, so it was some sort-of school or university. The walls and floor were concrete, so no decorations, just plain gray on the wall and polished gray for the floor. 

After walking through a large corridor, I entered a large, nicely lit, room that appeared just like the corridor. On the far side was a door and to my right was a blue-topped circular table set with four computers. The circular table was then subdivided into four sections by grey divisors, and in each section, a black computer with a large monitor.

At the computer on the lower right section were three people huddled around a screen. I went to join them and saw the animation playing on the monitor. In the dream, the animation blew me away because I said, "Wow, I really liked it! It's awesome! I wonder who made this?"

At this point, The Archenemy walks out behind the grey divisor to our right and addresses me directly. "Thanks!" He said. "I've put a lot time and effort into making it." He then got around to me, grabbed my shoulders with both hands, and then patted them in a thanking motion. I was blown away by the fact he was behind the divider and even more so that he had acknowledged me directly. He went on to explain how he had created the animation, all with his hand on my shoulder.

The scene changes to the same large corridor that I walked through to get to the classroom. The walls now have a large blue strip painted on the sides. As I walk towards the opening (there are no doors, just an opening, like at a stadium), I see The Archenemy and his spouse on my left, going to what looks like an elevator lobby.

As they walked by, I heard The Archenemy talking to his spouse about something. "I don't know," he said to her. "My parents are lonely. My dad needs my mom; my mom needs my dad. They need to be together."

As soon as he uttered "together," they were out of earshot and I continued on my way out from the building.

There's a lot more to this dream, but I really can't remember. 
It's weird, isn't? A year ago, I dream he doesn't hate me, and now I dream that he acknowledges me. Looks like things are getting better... in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment