Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Celebrating Eighteen Years of S&G

July 27, 2012 is a day I'll remember for a very long time.

I was on vacation with my family in Mexico visiting relatives and such. While traveling through the state of San Luis Potosí and it's same-named capital, we were stopped by what seemed a worried motorist. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a thug who robbed as what we think was gunpoint that took $150, my cellphone, and our peace-of-mind. I haven't been back since and won't be until all the situation improves.

The trip back to our relatives home in the eastern part of the state took us six hours and there we spent a few more days until we returned to the states. Oh, and on our return, we were shadowed by a fast-moving truck-- thank God we stopped at that service station. I noticed it-- and thankfully, so did my father.

I digress. 

That night, I spoke with The Archenemy, and while chatting with him, I told him I'd take him to Mexico. Things got a little misunderstood and well, ended up with me being scolded by his spouse to never talk to him like that again. I guess he didn't my vacation advice.

Three days after, I made these six panels that I e-mailed to The Archenemy's spouse. Neither of them understood the panels, but that would be the beginning of this whole establishment.

This was a few weeks, too, after our last chat when he said to me, "And you're messing with me for shits and giggles..." That would be the one of the last things said to me, the last being "Fuck you, Eduardo." It saddens me, but I have to get over it. Wish he'd at least read the apology.

Enough of being a martyr. To commemorate those original six panels are these eighteen panels, done in the original style as the first six. I'll post the first six later, but with names redacted for privacy reasons.



















No comments:

Post a Comment