Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Preceding Events

This week on the ESF is dedicated to remembering a part of this blog. After this next Saturday, I'll never see The Archenemy again. Both him and I are graduating from school and since we're going to attend different universities next year, there will be no interaction ever. Maybe in ten years... we'll give each other dirty looks.

Anyway, my point is not to bring up any more hard feelings. I was told once not to repeat the happenings, but the one thing I've learned, not only from The Archenemy, but Griffon, too, is that if your friend (be it a girl or guy) has a special other, you better get along with their spouse. Or else, you become a little mosquito to the spouse.

And to begin with, The Archenemy and I actually had a great friendship. I didn't know much about him, but I was getting to know him. He's actually a great guy once you get to meet him, and has a very radical taste in music. I'm not into hard metal, but it's because I have no money. 

I love to be playful with my friends, and sometimes, I take it too far. Be it with a hug, a grab, or a push down the stairs*. I had never been warned about something I said, and it turned out to be an occasion where I went all the way, and you know the rest of the story. 

Before everything went down the toilet, he approached me in the hall. I was standing in front of my English class at the time, must have been August 31st, 2010. At the time, I had a journal and here's what I wrote:
Before I forget, on my way to Spanish, I saw Andrea and she started talking to me about Sky. It seems she’s a little apprehensive, but maybe she’ll go for the good ole’ Skee. And before I forget, [The Archenemy] approached me. He said “Hi Eddie!” and said “Hi [The Archenemy]!” and I gave him a hug. And I pushed him away. And then he pushed me and I put my arm around him. And then he was like trying to break away, which I let him do. J (Again, the essence of Eddie.) I <3 HoJoKoSoCoCo.
That was the entry. Jesus, I wrote like a schoolgirl.  But before that, on the 23rd, after he had reprimanded me for the bad status, I stated:
*P.S. I forgot to mention that the night the A/C wasn’t working, I thought of ways [The Archenemy] was thinking of getting me back. I came up with ways he could get me. I came up with three:
1.       Shanking me
2.       Drowning me
3.       Running me over with his dad's van.
I think the more humane one would be shanking me…
Even now, the stabbing sounds more humane. Who would want water in their lungs... or being crushed by a half-ton vehicle? Not me, that's who.

On September 1st, I wrote this:
And HoJoKo... and [his spouse] came up to me again. A week to the day that they startled me. J [She] said “Pelvic thrust” and I said “Surprise buttsex.” She knew what I meant. She and HoJo were sharing a drink, and I whispered in her ear, “He’s not gonna throw it in my face is he?” She replied “No,” but he looked real angry at me. So, I asked him how he was doing because [of his expression]. He said that I shouldn’t be stupid. I had (and still have as of 4:12 PM) no idea what he’s talking about. He then proceeded to tell me that he knew “being a fat-ass and an asshole at the same time might be funny to you, but I see through your act.” I told him... what was it that he saw, and he seemed confused, so I [repeated the question]. Then [the spouse], feeling the tension said, “I’m giving you both 5 seconds before I slap you both.” We both stopped talking when I said “Hey, that’s your mom.” It was… and they walked away, not before I said “I love you...”
Again, schoolgirl. Regardless, that's the straight from a primary source. I took all that lightheartedly, but only if I knew what it would lead to.

And finally, this:
September 23, 2010
 I got out of [the coliseum] AQAP (as quickly as possible) and headed for the Ambush Tree Area (or the front of the school if you wanna call it that). I waited—talked to Danielle, and was greeted by a passing [Spouse] with “Hola Eduardo” and then by a passing [Archenemy] with “Fuck you, Eduardo.” I responded with “Fuck you too, [Archenemy].” 
And that's the last thing ever uttered at me. Sort-of sad, huh?
Ever since, whenever we see each other, we look past one another as if there was nothing there.

But after a month or so of the situation, I decided to try to make amends with a not-so-responsible letter. In the letter, I mentioned that I did regret doing what I did but wouldn't apologize for it. Stupid me. I delivered it to the Spouse, and after about a week or so, she mentioned to me that she had delivered it but that he just tossed it aside.

I haven't tried much of anything else since, because it wouldn't do any good. As someone told me, "He hates your guts."



This entry is part of The Troubles series