Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Golden Rule (for Friends)

Monday afternoon, while limping to meet my ride after school, I ran into a good friend of mine, who I politely-call "Jewfro" outside near the bus lane. We began to talk and I immediately saw Mr. Rodriguez (the leg guy) walking across the lane, so I asked Jewfro to turn around and yell out his name*.

"[RODRIGUEZ]!" he yelled.


Mr. Rodriguez turned around and I yelled "Love you!" as usually do (I do it because we've been friends for five years and because you know) and he walked off, nodding his head.

Then I turned to Griffon, "I should have yelled 'You owe me $10!'"
"For what?" he asked.
"For fixing his computer. I should throw a rock at his window... or at [his girlfriend]. I know where he lives."

"Woah, woah!" he stopped me. "There are three things you never do: one, never mess with a guy's food; two, never mess with his spiders**; and three, never mess with his girlfriend."

An oh shit moment was happening. I fucking hate these moments.
Then I asked, "So if I messed with [your girlfriend], you'd come after me?"
He replied, "Yeah. [I'll drop kick you]."

And then I said some hypothetical situation and he got irate with me. He told me to stop. And I did.

Being as playful (and dumb) as I am, I never realized this one rule you should never break. Griffon taught me a valuable lesson... and that is to never mess with someone's girlfriend... or serious repercussions (1,2,3,4,5can occur.


* I can't pronounce the "ht" in the middle of his name due to English not being my first language.
** It was really said not to place spiders in anything the person owns, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment