Monday, March 5, 2012

The (Black-and-White) World According to Eddie

I was away for the better half of last week, and I'll blog about that later this week. I feel like talking about this latest endeavor.

Back in January, during a watershed week, I colorized a B&W portrait of this women sitting on a leather sofa. After some advice on colors and a bit of detailing, I came out with a pretty good end product, looking very realistic. And then I tried it again, and failed when discovering how shading and exposure really affect the way a color looks on a certain part of the photograph.


Now, I've tried it again and I feel much more confident about this end result, a photograph taken of the late Steve Jobs in 1982. Enjoy.


Photograph © Daniel Hayden Berman
The colour applied is © MMXII Eddie Sigala*
Photograph © MCMLXXXII (1982) Diana Walker
The color applied © MMXII Eddie Sigala*

* The applied color onto the photograph is copyrighted by me. The background portion (the actual photo) is  owned by the respective authors of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment