Thursday, February 28, 2013

Phonographie


C'est la phonographie de la ESF!


Ever since I got my phonograph (or record player) last week, I've been so thrilled with it.

I've been listening to some of the records I own, and have been blown away by how good the vinyl sounds fifty years later. I bought a book of shellac 78s which sound like sand has been poured into them, but I'm thinking that after years of being played in acoustic Victrolas with those steel needles, something was bound to go.

At the estate sale, I also bought a few loose records, one of which is entitled, Let Us Entertain You. On the back and on the label of the disc, it reads, "PREPARED BY RCA EXPRESSLY FOR MAGNAVOX."

This one had songs like "Theme To Pink Panther", "Cabaret", "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You", and few others. 

I liked the songs so much, I recorded them with my camera. Until I get a phono-to-USB adapter, that's how it's done.

And for the recordings, I've decided to start this column, Phonographie.

Whenever I buy a new record, I'll review it here, along with it's information available.

So keep on the look-out for this column, whenever it comes up.

And now for the second video of Phonographie.