Sunday, June 10, 2012

Responsibility

"...Please take the time to read the letter. I had [her] helping me, although she herself was reluctant to let me write the letter in the first place... But as I came to the mentality to do it anyway, she agreed to help and she will be delivering the letter to you herself, since my e-mail would be ignored and otherwise deleted. I also thought of writing it by hand and sending it to you physically, my mind on putting a lot of thoughtfulness behind it, but I decided not to, on the basis that it might be found a bit too creepy (hopefully not a stupid reason looking back now)..."

That text marked the beginning of the second paragraph of my apology letter written in 2010.  And this is what this post concerns. I'm very bad at apologizing for my wrongdoing. As nice as I am, these moments always get to me. When I am forced to apologize, it makes me feel even more guilty than doing by my own will. If it gets to that point, it means I've thought long and hard about it and what I'm going to say. But this one requires a single sentence.

I am sorry. Sorry for the stupid thing I wrote and for my actions afterward. With all my strength and sincerity, I am so very sorry. There's nothing more I can say. 


Hopefully the end of this chapter and the end of The Remembrance Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment