Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Apologies

Webster defines "apologies" as: an expression of regret for a mistake or wrong with implied admission of guilt or fault. And you know something, I don't like to apologize, mainly because I've relatively stayed out of trouble... but I've learned that at some point in life, as my music director has taught me (publicly, in front of my classmates), that you will have to apologize, be it to someone you made a mistake towards or etc.

And I figure that this is the best place for an apology.

But God knows you're not getting one.

It bothers me that some people think their entitled to an apology, even if, in the first place, they've been a total ass to you. And it bothers even more to think of people demanding an apology when the person being seen as the guilty party knows nothing of what they're at fault at. It's sort-of like getting at your spouse and asking for them to say "sorry" without them really telling you're angry in the first place. And Christ, it's happening a lot to me lately.

I don't know what I've done... but for the love of all that is holy, let me know. Let me know and I'll think about it. But in the mean time, if you're silent and you avoid me, how in the hell can I know what I've done wrong.

So, for the love of God, let me know. That's all I ask. That's what all men should ask of their spouse, be it a woman or man.