Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Security Guard Josh


Back in November, I mentioned how my friend Josh was leaving to fulfill his dream of being an Army man. He came back for Christmas a month later, but I missed him. I was jetting off to Mexico... for the first time in two years after getting robbed that one time.

I hope to catch him when he returns sometime in April. It's eight weeks... fifty-six days. I'd do the math, but I'd like his return to be a surprise.

I was at a supermarket near my house yesterday (they call it the "ghetto supermarket", I don't know why), with my dad in tow shopping for some yeast.

I've been experiment-cooking again and this week it was flat-bread. After checking ourselves out, my dad headed for the Customer Service counter while I wrangled the cart and the bags up. As I parked the cart near this DVD kiosk, I made eye contact with this young security guard.

I had never seen a security guard here before.

There's another market of the same chain about four miles from this store, and outside, while waiting for my ride after work, there is a security guard. Nice lady... always chatted her up while waiting.

Anyway, this guy, who looked no more than 24 (more like 18) had a shaved head and thick-rimmed glasses. I didn't give it a second notice, but as I looked up from the cart, he made eye contact with me. I looked off to the right, and then left again. As I returned to my original head position, he made eye contact once more!

Freaky, huh?

Shortly after breaking eye contact, I looked him physically. Hold off on the gay jokes until the end of this entry. He reminded me of Mr. Josh a lot. A lot. A..... lllllooooootttttt. Not that I ever looked at Mr. Josh like that... but physically, he looked a lot like him. Plus, they share the same outward physical appearance.

I was taken away from the glance of SGJ by my dad, who motioned me to go. We left, and this time, no eye contact. So much fo' gettin' dem digits. Ha-ha!

This entry has been revised and edited from its original state on 4 May 2013