Saturday, January 26, 2013

Past Dreams


I was up until 7 AM this morning. I don't like to stay up all night because then my sleep schedule is off by hours. Today is a great example of that.

I was awoken at 1.50, then I fell asleep. Awoken again at 2.55, which I managed to stay awake for an hour-and-a-half until 4.35, falling asleep to an episode of Adam-12.


REM Sleep-ho!

I dreamt I was in a hallway, with the director of my high school's ethnic music programme director (he has since moved to Memphis) sitting at a table, with a stack of paperwork in front of him. He was wearing light-coloured khaki pants with an azure shirt. I walked over to him and announced myself. He said he was glad to see me and pointed me towards the door across from us. Inside, the room was filled with desks centered around a black grand piano. The room was carpeted with light brown walls, a chalkboard to right, a dry-erase board on the wall to my left.

I walked around clock-wise to get to the piano. As I was half-way 'round, I announced to the classroom, mainly filled with adults, "Do you guys mind if I play for the class?" The people were delighted and gave me a yes. I know that sounds very biased, but they gave me their approval! :)

So I walked the remaining distance around the piano to the keys. I pulled up a black chair with someone asking me, "Is that how play the keys?" I replied, "No. You're usually on a bench that's lower then the keys." I sat next a women at the keys. I began to play the first few notes of Beethoven's "Für Elise" when someone yelled, "I think you have to move down to play that!" She was right, I was sitting all the way up-board.

So I moved down and began to play. "E/Eb/E/Eb"... when suddenly the director walked in and said, "Sorry guys, no piano!" "Aw man!" I said loudly. He comforted us, "Sorry guys. Just not now, huh?" Acting nonchalantly, I replied, "It's O.K. I didn't like the way it sounded. Too much reverb."

As I walked out of the classroom, I noticed a doorway to the left of the one I had entered through. It was immediately next to it and inside, a college-styled stadium seating with the students waving good-bye at me. I waved back as I exited into the hallway. As I stood outside, the director told me he had been stressed out lately, and that his fellow teacher had been complaining about the sound from the classroom. He was real pissed on how the complainer made all the noise he wanted but he was unable to make doing what he was paid to do.

After talking, I excused myself and walked down a hallway to see hundreds of kids rehearsing. As I made it to the breezeway (on the right there were classrooms, on the left was this gigantic empty space), students were coming off rehearsal stands that were being held up by something I couldn't see.

A black man was at the junction of the hallway and breezeway, wearing black everything, with a gold necklace around him. He was announcing, "Take out a reverse mortgage! That way, you'll have money to use when you're retired! You can use the equity from your home!" I turned right onto the breezeway and I suddenly yelled to the man with my back to him, "What do you mean?! Don't do it! How will you pay it back?!" He stopped announcing, shook his head, and continued on with his ad.

As I walked by, I saw something surprising. It was a pre-adolescent Archenemy! He was coming off a causeway that students used to get to-and-from the rehearsal stands. He had a huge swoop of hair over on his left eye and was walking at a rapid pace. I began to follow, but the traffic was bad. As I got close, someone on the side of the breezeway called me over. I saw who it was and it turned out to be my friend Carlos with some others that I didn't know. I decided to give up the chase and began to visit with Carlos and company.

I greeted them and somehow they all knew me by name. I said to them all, "Guys, I don't how to tell you this, but I'm from the future. I'm from 2012!" They all "ooooh'ed" and "aaah'ed" at the statement. I asked, "Hey guys, do you know who that kid is?" pointing at pre-adolescent Archenemy entering a bathroom. One of the kids answered, "Oh yeah, his name is Davis." Perplexed at not hearing the answer I wanted, I asked again, "Are you sure?" He said he was. I was a little disappointed.

The conversation went on. I don't remember how much else was said, but I remember give them a piece of paper and saying, "I want you to hang on to this. And give this to that kid I mentioned."

I began to walk away back towards the hallway I had come from when the building shook. I fell down at the junction where the black man was. I got back up and saw the hall behind me collapse, with none of the students I had seen there. I began to run down the hallway, only to fall as the hall crumbled. I made it to the room before the crumbling caught up with me and I fell into the black.
---

Next thing I remember, I was Carlos, sitting a desk. In front of me, there was a monitor showing a news article that described how this "undersea school" collapsed and caught fire. There was also an interactive model that showed a 3D version of the destruction. It was large building that had a huge reactor behind the wall where all those kids were at.

---

I'm not entirely sure what this dream was about, but man it was vivid. I'm just glad I was able to remember it all to write it down. Now it's barbecue time, so excuse me. I'll save you a sausage link.