Friday, January 4, 2013

Mannequins


For the last few years, "video-on-demand" has become very popular among cable and satellite television subscribers. I can remember when it had first been rolled out back in 2006, 2007. I remember being in middle school when Comcast (or was it Time Warner? I don't even remember.) rolled it out in the D/FW area. 

I can remember watching lots of cool stuff on there. For example, they had a whole Anime-on-Demand section that specialized in anime programmes. That's how I first watched DNA², a serial about a woman sent back to present-day Japan to kill a teenager that causes massive overpopulation. I don't think she ends up killing him, but I can't remember the ending. 

That, and The Fuccons. It's a show that aired on a comedy show in Japan (known in Japan as Oh! Mikey) that basically centers around an American family, the Fuccons, who move to Japan. It's weird, but funny because their mannequins and no matter what subject they're talking about, they always have the same facial expression.

For years, I could only remember what the show featured, and after we stopped subscribing to Comcast, then-turning Time Warner in 2008, I haven't seen it. But every once-in-a-while, I would think about it, Google-it, and come up empty handed. 

Well not today, peeps. Not today. :) 

So far, I have found English-dubbed versions hard to find, with this one being the single dub I can find. So for now, enjoy The Fuccons: "The Lady Tutor."