Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Great Implosion of 2010

Today marks the Second Anniversary of the Great Implosion.

The name is very appropriate to what happened under that tree that hot September day. Now, I could go on and write a few paragraphs of my thoughts about it since, but that wouldn't be a very time-efficient.
So in being time efficient, here is what I wrote in my journal that day, Wednesday, September 1st, 2010.
And HoJoKo... and [the spouse] came up to me again. A week to the day that they startled me. J [She] said “Pelvic thrust” and I said “Surprise buttsex.” She knew what I meant. She and HoJo were sharing a drink, and I whispered in her ear, “He’s not gonna throw it in my face is he?” She replied “No,” but he looked real angry at me. So, I asked him how he was doing because he looked angry at me. He said that I shouldn’t be stupid. I had (and still have as of 4:12 PM) no idea what he’s talking about. He then proceeded to tell me that he knew “being a fat-ass and an asshole at the same time might be funny to you, but I see through your act.” I told asked him that what was it that he saw, and he seemed confused, so I told asked him again. Then [the spouse], feeling the tension said, “I’m giving you both 5 seconds before I slap you both.” We both stopped talking when I said “Hey, that’s your mom.” It was… and they walked away, not before I said “I love you [HoJoKo].” I laughed as I walked away...
Yes sir. That straight from the source. If only I knew what was to come... and if only he knew what happened later that day to me.

But I'll never tell.

From the Nordzee, Texas review