Monday, March 12, 2012

La Vida de Berta Conchas!

In being Hispanic, there's a certain advantage to it: white people and knowing (corrupt) Spanish. We learn it from our parents, and soon we learn English. In the time since (1999), I've forgotten most of it and now only know basic phrases and some curse words. It's in learning the language that takes me to explore it's curses.
For example, puñal (literally 'bundle') means gay in  Mexico and concha means pussy (usu. in Colombia and South America). And as I have a friend whose Colombian, I always try to curse her out in curses that she would know and this one of those words (another is tetas).

Anyway, here is a new feature here on the ESF: La Vida de Berta Conchas, editions I and II.


My name is Berta Conchas and this is my husband, Juan Pablo Conchas
(He too likes shells)

No comments:

Post a Comment