Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Oh Doctor!"

Before I begin this entry, I'd like to say that although the (Almost) live blogging didn't work,
it would have been a great thing. Next time, sir, next time.

ANYWAY...

About an hour ago, I got off my computer to watch some TV. I was channel surfing when I came across Doctor Who, a long-running British sci-fi series on the local PBS station. As I laid there watching the television monitor, I was pulled in by the plot, which revolved around a ten-year-old redheaded girl that waits for the Doctor to return after flying-off in the TARDIS (his time machine).

The girl packs her bags and goes and waits where he had just taken off from.
The TARDIS lands in the morning and the Doctor runs in and tries to find the girl... until he's hit in the head with a cricket bat. He awakes to find a policewoman in front of him.
  
He asks her about the little girl, Amy, whom he had left the night before. The policewoman responds, "She hasn't lived here in six months."

Long story short... the girl turns out to be Amy and the Doctor saves the world from aliens, who are going to incinerate the planet unless they find the prisoner who escaped. Using a computer virus, the Doctor leads the aliens to the form-shifting prisoner in a hospital who has taken the forms of comatose patients.

The Doctor receives a key and leaves in the TARDIS in the afternoon. 
He comes back in the night and Amy runs out to join him-- only to find two years has happened.
Then he and Amy go off in the TARDIS... the night before her wedding. 

Anyway, if you're still reading this by now, 
and this is gonna get weird...

the actor playing the Doctor reminds me of the archenemy.

I dunno. Don't make me repeat that.
For the love of God... don't make repeat that... in public.

Screenshots of the show off the PBS station. 


     
The one that gets me is the gun one; I can identify with that one.


Although I spent most of the time figuring out whether he had black hair or brown.

Anyway... I plan on watching Doctor Who, every Saturday at 9 PM, on my local PBS station. :D

And after that, Reggie Perrin and Life on Mars.
I just like British comedies. 
Wierdo. Eddie. Seriously.



 Part of the 
 Series

No comments:

Post a Comment