Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Afternoon


Yesterday was an eventful day for most part. I took my mom out to lunch again along with a nephew of mine. We went to a Long John Silver's, which in my opinion has the best fish... and those hush puppies. Yum. And that coleslaw? It's to die for. Excuse me while I regain my composure.


After talking about life, bills, jobs, and the vomiting toddler in the next booth over, we driving back home when we saw this huge yard sale. My mom asked me, "You want to go see what they have?" and I replied "Yeah, sure, let's go." We parked our SUV and started looking around the place. They had several bins full of clothes, underwear, lingerie and ties. Picking up a pink bra from one of the bins, I asked my mom, "So what do you think?" Turning, she said, "Good enough for Harry Hines!*" 

What a proud moment between mother and son.

With my nephew pecking at a bin full of toys, I walked over to a table full of knick knacks, mostly candle holders and mirrors. But at the head of a table, there was a VGA cable I was looking for. Yes. I had bought a Dell flatscreen monitor about two months ago (around the same time I bought my Canon Snappy LX) and I needed a VGA cable because it didn't come with one. Now I had found it, and saved myself $7 + tax.

Looking around some more, I found some certificate holders, which I'm now selling on Amazon for $2.97,  and box of "ready to use enemas" that brought back some bad memories. Anyway, as I walked up to the ladies in charge with  my mom, I found this scarf hanging on a hook on one of the tents. As I picked up the blue-red scarf, I checked it out and saw some Russian writing on both side. 

As I went up to pay, the woman seeing my arms said, "Four dollars for everything." And I countered, "How about $3? A dollar for each item." Thinking for a moment, she agreed and I paid her. My mom didn't leave empty-handed: she got a pair of woolen hiking socks for my grandmother. It can get cold in Mexico, bitches.

When I got home, I checked the writing on the scarf. The text reads: The text reads: Армейцы С Невы. According to Google Translate, it translates to: Soldiers from the Neva. After checking out the website on the tag I found on the scarf, it's actually from SKA Hockey Club of St. Petersburg, Russia. The Neva is a river near the city... so coincidence? Maybe.

The things you find at yard sales. And then resell on Amazon for nice profit.

* Harry Hines is a street in Dallas near downtown that is 
known for having hookers and prostitutes sell their services. 
Whether it's true or not I don't know. According to Wikipedia, it is.

Coming Soon... intro:
How about $3 for EVERYTHING?
>> Okay.

Coming soon to the ESF