Thursday, October 18, 2012

Romney in the North; Obama in the South


This post is political in nature. Obama 2016!
Some rough language is in there, too.

Oh man, oh man. Today was my first day of work. Jesus Christ almighty. The silence is deadly, as I learned, but can be easily treated with a radio. Thank God. My feet are sore and my back hurts, but hey, I'll do anything for $10/hr. 

Due to my avid Wikipedia surfing, one day I stumbled upon a page entitled White flight. Overall, it stated that white people leave diverse neighborhoods to those that are more homogenous (or the same). What a bitch, right? Well, where I live, I haven't really seen it. My neighborhood is mixed enough, with Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, and maybe an Asian or two. But that's where I live. A nice middle-class neighborhood that is what candidates like Mitt Romney and President Obama want to win over.

In reality, most of the town was built in the '60s and '70s, so most homes are modest, and most people are middle-class. But then you see the subdivisions. These monstrous, homogenous things were the all the homes and streets, built in the last ten years. Although on the centre-west side, it's mostly Asian and Whites. God where the hell is the Census? But the southern and northern-most sectors of my town are what really scares me.

Because two interstates divide my town into three sections (North, Central, and South), you can see where the inequality gap is. Seriously. Those interstates must be at least 50 feet wide, so you literally see the inequality gap. On those sides, the homes are large, some are luxurious. And totally white. Like super white. Now, I'm not saying that's a problem, but Christ, it's like Wyoming up in there. And this is how I know.

Today, while coming home from work, I noticed a Romney sign. Next to it a sign that read, "HAD ENOUGH? VOTE REPUBLICAN." And I was like, "What the fuck?" Then I remembered... oh yeah...
"Wealthy people = Republicans = assholes." Now, that's not saying that all whites are Republicans or that all wealthy people are Republican, or that all assholes are wealthy.

Suddenly, though, on Friday, popped up three more Romney signs. "Oh hell no!" I screamed. "Time to get the eggs and pellet guns." But then, hope popped up in the most surprising place. As we drove past a luxurious brick home, there it was. A bright blue OBAMA sign, with a sign for a Texas Democratic State Senator next to it. "Yes. These people are me. Thank Jesus!

Then came another Romney sign behind that house. "Fuck you and your sign!" I screamed in the car.

Maybe this election is turning into a bloodbath, because after all... a sign can be the death of your house.
I'm so biased, so forgive me for not being objective.