Sunday, October 14, 2012

Something I Said?


In my room, there is a Blu-ray player my brother received as a Christmas present last year. We got a good deal on it, $65, before the State of Texas made Amazon pay taxes, which we do now. Ugh... no more tax-free goods... fucking State Comptroller. Bet she's Republican, too.
The player has a few "apps" built-in, including a Netflix and YouTube apps. They're both good, so that night, I decided to explore YouTube from the comfort of my twin bed. First I got to David Bowie, where I heard "Ashes to Ashes" for the first time, and then "Rebel Rebel." God... that red hair! Why anyone would use a hexagonal lens is beyond me

Anyway, I stumbled upon an artist called Aneka. Next to her was the title, "Japanese Boy." I was like, "What is that... let's listen to it." I selected it with my remote control and laid back on my bed. I stared at the popcorn ceiling while it played. The sound came over me like warm water. Was it something I said... or done that made him pack his bags and run... She continued on. 

Then I thought, "Oh man, it feels weird to be hated." Then I started to talk to myself. "My God. I'm in the ranks with Hitler and Stalin, Tojo, and Brezhnev. People hate them and somebody hates me. Man, that's heavy. I've never been hated before... it feels so weird. I feels... not sure it can be felt.  It's an intangible emotion that is only shown through facial expressions, words, and stares."

I went on for a few minutes until the song ended. I replayed it a few more times before I started singing along to it and then replacing "Japanese Boy" with other phrases. You know, because as a human being and a teen at that, I've never been hated before, so it's like I'm Commander Data from Star Trek:TNG, just learning as things happen and making sure to learn... when sanity is available of course. So I don't know... 

I guess I miss The Archenemy... although I only knew him for about two years... or less. Real talk.


Coming soon... intro
This should really be on The Archenemy, but this one deserves
a mention here on the main blog. Let's see when this one
can be written.

Coming soon to the ESF,
and maybe to The Archenemy.