Monday, October 1, 2012

Cobblestone Dreams


Sundays are always interesting. A day to lay about, a day to play video games, a day to use bad words and poke fun at the neighbor who sells drugs. Fun, fun, fun. Sundays are also days to finish chores, finish errands, to roll coins and find out your thirty dollars richer. A full Sunday indeed for me.


But sometimes, Sundays are also for dreams that reveal your inner thoughts and desires. I've had those before, just not on Sundays By two-thirty Sunday afternoon, I was exhausted, so I took a nap that turned into sleep that turned into a seven-hour sleep. With that, I had a dream which was probably the happiest dream that concerned HoJoKo and I.

Let me describe the scene. It was cloudy and wet, as if it had just stopped raining. It must have been in the middle of the afternoon, maybe 4 or 5 PM. I was on one knee in front of someone, congratulating them on something. Why I was on my knees, I don't know I just know that I was. The location was on a cobblestone walkway, with many people leaning up against a four-foot tall retaining wall with large coniferous trees behind the wall. It might have been at a college because there were many passers-by wearing backpacks.

It was cool, but nothing unexpected after rain. As I was on my knee, somebody tapped me three times on my right shoulder. As I turned, I saw that it was HoJoKo. As I stood up, he said, "Thanks, Eddie. Thanks a lot." Not sure what I did, but he thanked me for it. He began to walk away.

Suddenly, the thought came to me: "If I don't take this opportunity now, it'll never happened." I caught up to him and tapped him on his right shoulder. "[HoJoKo], apology?" He got this smile on his face and I embraced him. I put my arms around him and hugged him. He then put his arms around me. I literally felt the warmth from our bodies, and that's when the dream ended.

They say that dreams are manifestations of our subconscious desires. Wonder what means for me after this...