Saturday, August 4, 2012

La Vie

As the French saying goes, C'est la vie. 'That's life' for us English speakers. Of course, I don't speak French and I only knew one person who could sort of speak it, although he only knew phrases but couldn't construct sentences. For example:
"Parlez-vous Anglais, Eddie?" said Frank.
"Um... um... Non." I replied.
Yeah, and that occurred in British Lit. Any who, this has nothing to do with this drawing. I was speaking with best friend on Saturday and we were talking about cigarettes and how you should never dry with a smoke mouth (cause brother, that shit will dry you out quicker than an Aaron) and I wiggled it in.

Surprisingly so, she didn't know the character in it represented The Archenemy, which I have drawn so for about a year now. I never did point it out, so I'm partly to blame. Now I feel like I should explain the origins of each character (coming soon to the ESF).

Without further adieu, "La Vie" in the noir style


The text reads:

Life is a hall of mirrors-- reflecting the best and worst of ourselves that we both dislike and embrace with all our strength.
In an nutshell, that's what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment