Monday, March 19, 2012

Nine Years Later...

I remember where I was on March 19, 2003. I was sitting in my living room with my mom, listening to President Bush speak about how we were going to war against Iraq. I remember being afraid and asking my mom something along the lines of "when is this going to be over." I believe she replied, "I'm not sure."
The "war" in Iraq lasted from March 20, 2003 to December 15, 2011, with the last soldier leaving Iraq on December 18. Casualties from the war range from 105 to 114 thousand for Iraqi civilians (excluding insurgent fighters), to almost 4500 American soldiers (with another 318 from foreign countries). And those who suffer are not us (the Americans), but the Iraqi people. And now, Afghanistan is next.


So 10 years later... all I can say is this:
Disarm them we did, Mr. Bush. Disarm them we did.


Closing the gate for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment