Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bye, Aunt!

Since the late Nineties, my aunt had lived with me and my family here in the Dallas area. Well, after some ten-odd years, she left this morning to be with her fianceĆ© whom she met a year ago in Chicago. 


I'm saddened that she's leaving, mainly because she's always been the outside force that us kids could go to when our parents weren't around or that happened to be the authority who ruled fairly. She had always been there... and now, she is leaving... although not for long. 


She'll return in September with her fianceĆ© (although at this rate, they'll be married by the civic authority in Chicago in early August). 

My brothers and I will be alright, and we'll adjust, but I do feel bad for one person-- not my mom or us-- but for my nephew. He's accustomed to see her every morning and now... he'll arrive every morning... to my face (at this point, he runs away from me when I try to comfort him that little mofo) and will miss her terribly. 

But she is an adult... and life changes... and just as we've learned watching television shows... these kinds of changes are never easy. 

They're exceptionally hard for some; easy for others.

I'm choking up a bit while writing this and wiping away tears... but I'm genuinely happy for her. :) 

Hope she has a good time.

- Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment