Thursday, March 28, 2013

Modern Eddie of the City

Changing your mind since 1997.

For Christmas 2010, Honda used a song to advertise their sales offer of 'holiday deals' to the American people. Some picked up on the song played, and went on the hunt. 


I was one of those people. I carry a YouTube account.

I looked for the song, and once I looked through their other music, I feel in love.

I bought a few more of Vampire Weekend's music, including "Oxford Comma" (take that, Princeton) and "Cousins" which is so upbeat it'll give you a headache.

I've followed them since then, and their about ready to release their newest album, Modern Vampires in the City in April. About two weeks ago (on March 18), I was listening to the radio on a stereo system M&C had purchased, and I came across a VW song. I listened intently and wrote the name down as "Dying Young".

I was to learn later that it was "Diane Young", but damn its good.

From Vampire Weekend, off Modern Vampires of the City, "Diane Young".