Monday, December 10, 2012

The White Stuff

As the blonde meteorologist on ABC's Good Morning America said this morning, "For the first time this season, Dallas has more snow on the ground than Chicago."

Say what?!


Here in Dallas, snow is hard to come by. Last year, for the first time that I can remember, it did not snow. Shocking to me because the year before, it snowed a good amount. In March 2010, it snowed for hours and it left a good result that was on the ground for days. Lovely.

And for this snowfall, we weren't expecting much. Is there going to be enough moisture? Is it going to be cold enough? Somehow, the elements came together to give the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro area a nice dusting of snow. No inch accumulations here, although things like this happen all the time up in Lubbock and Amarillo. It's like Colorado up thurr.

As I woke up at 6 AM Monday morning, it was like a thin white Winter Wonderland. Snow on the windshields, snow on the grass, snow on the chair that sits on our porch. "Fantastic." With my SKA scarf on and both my parent's digital camera and my film camera, I started to take photos. 

They're not incredible, but it's a record because this is the earliest in the season I can ever remember seeing snow. It's probably happened earlier, but to me now in the twenty-first century, it's a cool thing.

Oh look kids, the ESF Van! 

This spray-on cost me $25... and two fingers to frostbite.
























SnowCar 2.0

It's so cold!





















Coming Soon... intro
I feel a huge misunderstanding
coming on. It's only like 75° outside.

Coming soon to the ESF