Friday, November 23, 2012

Wednesday Night


Yesterday was the second day at my new job. Busy day. Didn't get out 'til 11:10 PM. Most tired I've ever been at a part-time job. Vacuuming a whole store is stressful without people throwing shit all over the place. I mean, c'mon! Be dirty at your own fucking homes, not at my workplace!


While vacuuming at 9:10, I got a call from my friends inviting me to a hookah lounge about 10 miles away. I was all for it, but vacuuming took a bit longer than I thought. I was done an hour-and-a-half later, but helped take the trash out, which consisted of like a hundred fucking boxes and bags full of plastic wrap. After helping the manager and then being automatically signed out by the computer at 11:10, I left with my friends.

I'm just fuming. I love it though. Great co-workers and an even better manager.

After arriving and ordering our hookah flavors (Princess Peach Pussy and Bahia Blue), we sat around talking. Something that I really love is going there just to relax and talk with my friends. After sitting outside for maybe 15 minutes, someone found a table indoors and we flocked to the back of this converted Wendy's in front of a flat-screen television showing ESPN. The table was a little dirty, but we didn't mind because at this particular hookah lounge, the wait staff is really nice and prices fantastic.

Sitting to our left was a group of college students, two girls (one white, one black) both on their cell phones taking pictures and an Asian guy wearing a flat-brimmed hat and a sweatshirt with blue jeans. On our right were three people: one guy wearing a sweatshirt with COPPELL BASKETBALL written on the back and red shorts; and older man, maybe thirty, a bit bigger than the sweatshirt-red shorts guy and what maybe was his girlfriend.

As we sat down and talked, I couldn't help but notice the guy in the sweatshirt looking at us. Of course, we were sitting next to them, so I understand. But when I looked over to a friend of my friend, I caught him looking over. Not saying anything is wrong with that, just sayin'. As people were talking about the season two ending of the Walking Dead, he looked over. As I inhaled, he looked over.

Then at some point, while inhaling, I was looking down at the table. By this time, the sweatshirt guy had his leg up on the couch that was along the back wall, where half of my party was sitting on. When I looked up from the pipe, I got an eye-full of hairy man thigh. He had his leg up against his chest, on his white iPhone. It's not like I haven't seen something like that. For $26.95 a month, I got it nightly.

Some good shit.

Back to reality, folks. By 1:45, the waitress came back with some more coals and told us this was the last round. It seems that on weekdays, the close at 2 AM; on weekends at 3 AM. By 2:25, the coals were extinguished and we paid the bill: $24 and something cents. Since my friends had been patient, I bought the drinks. And gave the waitress a $3 tip (if you count that $2.77 was included in the bill as gratuity).

As always, I had an amazing time, because there's nothing special than going out with your friends and sharing a peace pipe.

Peace, yo.