Friday, June 1, 2012

The New Summer Designs(?)

For the past year that I've had this blog, it's had many redesigns. During the first few months, I couldn't really decide on a logo. I tried many, including the whole name in a rectangle, the initials to the right of a vertical line and then the name spelled out in lowercase letters. For the Fourth of July last year, I swept the logo in red, white, and blue to give it that patriotic feel.

Beginning in August 2011, I finally chose on a permanent logo for my blog. It had the BlueSquare logo in monochrome with the name in proper lettering. And whenever a major holiday comes around, I mold it around that. For example, Christmas or Halloween. 

Easter (very non-religious, although the holiday is)

When spring started back in March...
And finally in October, when The Eddie Sigala Foundation became
The Egregiously Spooky Foundation: For the Screams, the Ghouls, and  for the Haunting of It!

And just this past April, I finally redesigned the logo for The Archenemy.
It went from this....
to this...
And in sight of the redesign, I was messing around last night, messing around with the current logo. And I redesigned the logo a lá The Archenemy


I've asked people whether it looks nice, and most have responded "yes." It looks great, and sort of brings it in line with The Archenemy, a sister blog. It brings back the original incarnation of the logo, with the lowercase letters and the coloured background. 

The first... das Erste.
And I believe that the logo above this one will be the new ESF logo, beginning in July. This means, of course, having to update most everything. But the one thing I'll leave behind of the old one is the ESF Box, with the letters in the Slab font variation. It'll remind me of old memories... good memories.