Saturday, November 19, 2011

Arrogance

I was in a rehearsal hall yesterday acting as photographer* and I noticed that my school's orchestra director was there, coming along with the orchestra kids that happen to be performing with the group.** As I set up this huge tripod (this thing literally stood higher than me), I began to record the clinician*** speak.
As I happen to glance over at him (since the camera was pointed in that direction), the orchestra director gave me this look of sheer arrogance that I've seen before.

Thinking about it now, I've always felt a little second-class when around him. As a freshman in high school, I can remember being in his room and just feeling discriminated against. Not in the sense of race or ethnicity but in class and social status.

Every time I walked in there, I felt a caste system was imposed, with the orchestral students on the top, and the ethnic music group members down at the bottom. And not to mention, most orchestral students (in my opinion), are arrogant little jerks who need to be brought down to ground level.****

Anyway, in all this, it makes me wonder why people act superior to one another. I guess that it has to do with money and etc. (large houses, luxury cars, upper-class suburbs), but I'm no sociologist. 

At least I rarely see him... $5 says I won't see him until March.

You're on mister!


* Better camera is needed. :) Donation?
** This time... voluntarily.
*** Person leading the music group.
**** They are. Seriously. Or at least some are.
And if you disagree with this, go fuck yourself then we disagree.

21 April 2013: Title of this post was changed from Evil Looks to Arrogance. Content was also corrected, spell-checked, and updated.