Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sure Am Gonna Miss You

"It's over" I muttered to myself. The caps flew and the arms hugged. Thirteen years of hard work was now behind me and I have so much to look forward.

A two weeks later...
I was lying in bed, watching "Monk." The series has come to end. During the last few minutes of the episode, we see a montage of the past seven years. A Randy Newman song is playing over the video. It gets to me a little while I stare the television in front of me. I snort.

As I flipped through my graduation programme, as told in The Princeton Blues, this thought begins to go through my head that I'll never see these people again. Those faces that I've come to love and know over four years. Same goes for The Archenemy and Mr. Rodriguez.

But it happens. Nostalgia is emotional; it's a warm feeling with tears. 
Now, for you, Randy Newman's "When I'm Gone." 


The lyrics to Mr. Newman's song

The time for us to say goodbye is near.
The day I hoped would never come is here.
Though many hearts are broken, we must somehow carry on
'Cause I think you're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

I thought my life was over when we met.
So little to remember, so much to forget
Thought it was you who saw me through
the darkness to the dawn
Still I think you're gonna miss me
when I'm gone.

I'm a modest man, it hurts me
to say these things to you
After all we've been through
it's the least that I can do.
So instead of just 'goodbye,' I'll say 'so long.'
And as for the light by which you see me, leave it on.

I'm a better man than I was before
knowing you has made me strong.
And I'm sure gonna miss you
when I'm gone.
Yes I sure am gonna miss you when I'm gone.

Instrumental

- END -

No comments:

Post a Comment