Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ze cat... it likes me!

Big news. I saw a cat.

While I took my nephew outside around 7AM this morning, we spotted a dark cat underneath our porch swing out front. 
Not having seen a cat before, I walked my nephew towards it. The cat approached us, at which point, my nephew stepped back. I stayed put and the cat began to purr and rub against my leg. I thought it strange because I didn't think cats were affectionate at all. I got scratched by one when I was six, and it's been estranged ever since.

This cat purred some more and as I carried my nephew back to the door, he followed us. I felt bad leaving it outside, but he's not our pet.

So this morning, when I took my nephew out again, he saw the cat with amazement and began to point and holler at it. I told him, "That's a cat." I picked him up and put him next to the cat, where he stepped back again.

That cat's been on our porch for the last two days (presumably to get out of the heat), so when I took pictures for How to be a Dick Neighbor, I snapped this photograph of the cat lounging on behind the porch swing.

I think I'll call him Tim.
I think I'll leave him some ice water to drink later.

 
Rated "E" for everyone