Friday, August 12, 2011

What Mean Girls Taught Me

Tonight was Family Movie Night. My family is huddled around the television in the living room watching Insidious, so after the writing of this entry, I'll make sure to watch it. 

This evening, I watched Mean Girls, a movie that I've heard a lot about, but never really understood it (until now). In the movie, the protagonist Cady changes from an innocent girl into a Plastic, the main clique at school who are lauded by everyone. She's pushed by Janice and Damian, two art freaks, to infiltrate the Plastics to bring down Regina George. She does this, but without turning into a Plastic herself.


I'm gonna jump far ahead...


And the movie ends with Cady apologizing for what has happened the past few days and gives her crown to the people and to the Queen runner-ups (Janice, Gretchen, and Regina). From there, everything returns back to normal and the Plastics are no more.

I guess the theme here is not to change yourself for other people, whether it be in physical, emotional, or mental dimensions, because it's better to be yourself. And to let things go... so seen as when Regina walks past Cady and they flash each other a smile.

It's something for me to be very influenced my film... and thinking about it now, my point is that although things seem bad, it will get better.

 And after all the drama of Junior year... I'm hoping this one will be much better... even more so since contact with those involved is very sporadic to almost non-existent.


I thank God... that this year... hopefully... will be a peaceful one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment